RMCLAS Reno Tips and Other Fun Stuff
RMCLASISTAS!!! Less than a month to go! Just a few notes for the upcoming conference.
1) The Final Program has been posted on the RMCLAS site and on social media, so please check out our special events especially the NEH grant workshop with Geoff Burrows. Sign up ASAP. (See Special Events in the program for details.)
2) If you were not able to pre-register, registration, membership, and banquet fees can all be paid at the conference;
3) A complimentary shuttle from the airport to the Renaissance Hotel is provided by the hotel. Upon landing, please call: 775-682-3900;
The hotel is about 15-20 minutes (max) from the hotel. Lyft, Uber and cabs are also available, if you do not wish to wait. The price should not exceed $20.
If you rented a car, parking is free in the hotel lot.
4) Reno is a major foodie town. Lists of restaurants will be in your conference packet. Please be aware that, due to high demand, reservations are required for most locations (for dinner). Others do not take reservations at all (especially for lunch), but waiting in line, is definitely worth the wait; and,
5) Reno is at 4,000 feet nestled in a valley surrounded by mountains. The weather in early April can vary, but it is almost always sunny with a temperature range of 60-70 degrees during the day. At night, the temperature drops a bit and a warm jacket/coat is a good idea, for when you head out to those fabulous restaurants.
The 2018 Final Program for RMCLAS is now available here! See you in Reno and please contact us with any questions.